Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Just waiting at 18 weeks

Holy cow...18 weeks? Now it really feels like I couldn't possibly be talking about myself. I know, I know...I'm pregnant. I get that. But I still haven't had that one moment that truly makes it feel "real" yet. I'm sure it'll be soon.

Nothing of note to really report this week. It's just a waiting game until the next appointment, which I'm trying not to think about too much, otherwise I become overwhelmed with anticipation, which surely will make time slow to a crawl. We still have the doppler, and it's interesting to notice how much farther up we find the heartbeat now compared to a month ago. The heartbeat has slowed somewhat to around 150-160 bpm, but it's (understandably) a lot easier to find now. I have not felt any further flutters, though I know that's right around the corner, and I'm sure kicks will drive me crazy before long. But I know that, as with everything else, it'll be worth it in the end. I still have a great appreciation for all of this, and I take none of it for granted.

(I just remembered that I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Silly messed-up schedule threw me off!)

2 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So do you have the oh-so-famous baby bump yet? Don't you just hate that word? Can't wait to see pics of your tummy!
~Beth

 
At September 05, 2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Happy 18 Weeks!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home