Thursday, August 17, 2006

News & notes

*Last night was simply ridiculous. I woke up at least twice an hour (sometimes more!) to go pee. Needless to say, that doesn't make for very restful sleep.

*I haven't thrown up in about a week, I think. I'm still taking half of a Zofran in the mornings, but that's much better than the two pills a day I was at before. Oh, and I still take half a phenergan at night so I don't get queasy when I'm unable to eat.

*Regular clothes are still fitting fine, but I plan to go shopping this weekend so I have some stuff ready.

*I've had headaches more often in recent weeks. Usually they're not bad and Tylenol can knock them out quickly, but it's mildly annoying since I rarely get headaches.

*I'm trying to sleep on my stomach as much as I can since I know there will come a time when I can't do it anymore. I'm primarily a side sleeper, so that'll be to my advantage later on, but I often sleep in a combined side/stomach position that at some point I'll have to give up. I never, ever sleep on my back (I think I feel too exposed), so giving that up obviously won't be hard for me. Another good thing is that I typically sleep with a lot of pillows, and I know that's something that's recommended, so I'm a step ahead there.

*I realized the other day that I haven't really missed drinking alcohol. Actually, before I got pregnant, I'd been going through a phase where I didn't drink much at all, so it just naturally carried over. I thought for sure that as soon as I wasn't allowed to have it, I'd automatically want it, but so far that hasn't been the case.

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of being pregnant, great ain't it?!? :) (sly grin)...

As far as always wanting what I couldn't have: beer smelled so good to me when I was pregnant and I never drank heavily before that but I just wanted an icy cold beer. I also wanted sushi more than ever. The first meal I had after Ashlyn was born was at a sushi bar, it was great! That's as far as my cravings went but I can relate with the exhaustion and tiny tank bladder problems.

Peckers up, kid! (That is a legit British saying, means keep your chin up I just think it's hilarious to say, "peckers up!")

XOXO,
Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home