Thursday, August 10, 2006

Paranoid much?

Now that people at work know, I'm just convinced that when I walk by people sitting at their desks, they're looking at me and scrutinizing me, trying to figure out if I'm showing yet and if not, then how much longer it will be until I bust out of these pants. When I actually look at the people, I see they're just sitting there, minding their own business and doing their work, not paying a bit of attention to me, so I know it's just a paranoia on my part (again related to my lack of desire for attention in general), but it's something that still hits me often. I realize that this is something that I think about all the time, so that's why my senses are tuned a little differently these days, but I also know that logically (and rightfully so!), these people aren't thinking about my pregnancy any more than they're thinking about the oil change they got back in December. It's just funny when your mind is so in-tune to something that you're irrationally convinced that the rest of the world is, too. Of course, I guess that isn't true for everyone--there are still some people that think the whole world revolves around them (and their pregnancy, or their wedding, or their baby, whatever) and can't understand that life isn't limited to just their crisis or joy of the moment. Those people are exhausting to be around, and I swore them off long ago.

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny that you mention this because now that you are pregnant you will see a TON of pregnant women. I swear every woman I saw when I was pregnant with Austin was pregnant. I guess I was more in tune to my own body and noticing something like that about someone else became so natural. i was so aware of my own body that i noticed it all around me. I hate those kind of people too that think they are the only ones who ever got married or had kids or did anything and that is absolutely all they do and talk about. Like they should earn some kind of reward for their effort. I agree they are exhausting.
It's funny (not really, can't think of any other words) that you feel pararnoid, you are just so considerate of others you hate to have a fuss made about you and I think if everyone in the office gushed over your pregnancy or pointed out and "baby bump" on you, you would be miserable. I think you are trying to catch it before it gets out of hand. Not that it would get out of hand but I think you are perfectly content with everyone knowing but not going overboard. I respect that, most people should be so wise.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home