Friday, July 28, 2006

Heartbeat on demand

After telling myself I wasn't going to do it, I changed my mind (for a variety of reasons) and decided to rent a doppler for a month after finding a good deal. It arrived yesterday and I've had fun playing with it so far. Sometimes I'm able to locate the heartbeat very easily, and other times it takes a little longer, but I can already tell I'm more at peace knowing that I can listen for it anytime I want to.

We've starting sharing the news with family and friends this week, and everyone has been thrilled. That's helped me get a little more excited about things, though I'm still pretty reserved when it comes to outwardly showing my excitement. That'll come in time, I know.

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling as good today as I've felt for the past few days. It's still better than even last week, but I just feel an all-around blah, yucky feeling (I can't really describe it any better than that), and I threw up in the shower this morning despite taking my Zofran 40 minutes earlier. But, at least it's Friday, and there's something to be said for that.

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D~
I can't even express how happy and excited I am for you! I know how much you want this and I know it will be a wonderful experience despite the trials thus far. Just remember, the more relaxed you are the easier it will be. And, yes, I know that is MUCH easier said than done!
Bless you and your beautiful new baby to be!
Love you,
Nanci

 
At July 28, 2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about those dopplers, but never got one when I was pregnant with Ethan. It sounds very cool. I am sure it is reassuring to be able to hear the heartbeat. I loved hearing it at the doctor's office.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Nikki :)

 
At July 31, 2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Hope you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home