Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Feeling more normal at 12 weeks

Eeek! I've gained 3.6 pounds in the past week, but in all fairness, I was warned by the doctor that once I started being able to eat again, the weight that I lost from nausea and vomiting would probably return pretty quickly. My appetite has returned to a much more normal level now, and although I'm still picky about what I want to eat, I don't feel as limited to just one of two or three things that I can stomach now. That's definitely some progress. (Weight gain/loss is detailed below.) I'm still at an over all of 7.6 pounds, so as long as I don't gain 3 1/2 pounds EVERY week, I think I'm doing pretty well.

I'm feeling mostly good today; I had some brief queasy moments earlier, but they passed quickly. I'm still very tired, but overall things are so far so good today. I'm still taking Zofran during the day and phenergan at night, but I don't feel ready to ease off them quite yet (though, I only took one Zofran yesterday instead of two, so I count that as a step forward).

So today I'm at 12 weeks, which still seems like a foreign concept to me; it feels like this is someone else I'm talking about. But I'm very, very thankful I've made it to this point so far and I don't take that for granted in the least.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds overall)

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for you guys! The 12 week period is generally the "out of the woods" period for "bad" things to happen. Once you've crossed that milestone, things should start to progress normally. Of course my morning sickness lasted my entire pregnancy so go figure! But I'm happy that you have felt well these past two days. Chin up! Things look like they're looking up! I had ALL the tests done when I was pregnant too, if they offered it I did it. Why not, right? The birth defect one scared me because when I went back in for my results my doctor asked, "well what are you prepared to do if something comes back abnormal?" to which I replied, "do you know something you're not telling me?" He said everything was normal I just thought that was a really weird way to ask somebody something, especially an emotional pregnant woman! Anyway, congratulations again, can't wait til the next appointment and more good news!!!!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home