Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update at 10 weeks: One more mental block

I've got just one more major mental block that I can think of to get past. Last time, my bleeding started the morning after my first appointment, and I miscarried the next day after that. As of this morning (one day after my first appointment), I have no spotting, so as long as I can get through tomorrow, then I'll be okay on this front.

Other miscellaneous thoughts/notes:

*I go back and forth between not being able to take my eyes off the ultrasound pictures and not being able to look at them at all. It's mesmerizing yet frightening at the same time.

*I'm wrestling with the idea of telling most other people our news if we're able to hear the heartbeat on doppler in two weeks. I think it'll be a wait-and-see decision. I still don't want to tell work until about 14 weeks, though.

*I'm exhausted today--just beat--from being so sick this past week. This is with taking a one-hour nap last night AND going to bed at 9 p.m. (before dark!). I really, really hate complaining about it, but I never realized it could be this all-consuming. It has to let up sometime, right? Of course, when it does, no doubt I'll be paranoid that something's wrong, so I guess there's no winning either way here.

*Some of my "favorite" things to throw up (hey, I have to have a sense of humor about this, or else I'll go crazy): strawberry cheesecake, apricots, Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, orange juice, apple juice, blueberries. I'll spare you (well, really just me) the details of my least-favorite things to throw up, but let's just say it's quite a long list.

*My official at-home weigh-in today is Tuesday (when I'm at the even-week mark), and I've lost more weight this week, though I'm not sure how much yet (my notes are on my computer at home). I'll write more about that tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Hope you are able to keep something down! Yikes! I have to say, ice cream is not bad to throw up if it's right away because it's soothing on your throat! LOL.

Congrats on passing another milestone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home