Thursday, June 29, 2006

If the pants fit

At this point right now, I've reached pregnancy territory that I've never entered before, at least time-wise. Here's hoping it's good to me.

Not being good to me, however, is the insurance company, which is dragging its feet on getting me approval for Zofran. The gist is that my doctor's office is doing everything they can to take care of this, and I've contacted the insurance company myself, but no visible progress has been made on the insurance company's end. I'm not pleased with them.

At this point in my pregnancy last time, I was definitely bloated enough to the point that my pants were tight, as well as my bra. However, I've lost enough weight in the first 8+ weeks (and before then, really) that neither of those is the case for me yet. In fact, the pants that fit me the best are pretty loose, giving me some room to grow, plus I've got some "fat pants" from gaining weight over the winter that should work well as transition pants before maternity clothes. Last time at this point, I was wondering if I was going to have to move to maternity pants soon, but thankfully this time that doesn't seem quite as much on the near horizon. Of course, I may write this and then blow up like a balloon overnight (and I do have a couple pairs of maternity pants from last time that I'd bought just in case; I didn't want to wake up one day and not be able to wear my pants to work). It's just hard to tell at this point.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Yay for making it to a new place in the pregnancy - a new milestone has been reached!!

I doubt you'll "blow up" overnight - you've lost a good amount of weight, so my guess is that you'll have a few weeks and won't need to buy anything until you're full on in maternity wear. Then again, what do I know? I've never been PG - lol!

I hope you can resolve the insurance thing soon.

Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home