Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A mental hurdle at 8 weeks

Well, I'm eight weeks as of today. This is going to be a bit of a difficult week for me because this is the week that I lost the baby last time. I know the odds are in my favor that it won't happen again--and certainly not at the exact same point as last time--but it's one of those mental hurdles to get past. Last time, my bleeding started at 8w1d, and I lost the baby at 8w2d, so the next two days are a little sad for me. But I know I'll get past it and hope to find some renewed strength on the other side. I'm just now starting to have thoughts that depend on the outcome of this being favorable (planning for the nursery, wondering how much time I'll be able to take off work, guessing whether it's a girl or a boy, etc.), all of which I hadn't allowed myself to do yet. I won't feel completely at ease once I get past the 8w2d mark, but it's just one of the many challenge I have to overcome along the way.

I've still thrown up a couple times in the past few days despite the Zofran, but it hasn't been anything too bad. Quick and relatively painless. I'm an old pro. I'm having a bit of a struggle with the insurance company covering the medicine. They want to only give me 12 at a time, which is fine, but they're saying that's supposed to last me 30 days. I need it twice a day maximum; you do the math here. I've called both the doctor and pharmacy, who are supposed to get some kind of certification to the insurance company saying I need the amount they're prescribing. Funny, I thought the whole point of getting a script from a doctor was because that's how much he wanted me to take. I hope they get this straightened out soon because I'll run out of my first batch tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 7:07 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Hugs - hang in there. I know that nothing is for certain, but from how sick you've been getting, it might signify a good sticky baby.

Either way I am crossing my fingers for good things for you... and that you get through this week so you can start into uncharted pregnancy territory. :)

Bug hugs and love to you!

 
At June 28, 2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Congratulations on getting to the 8 week point. I hope the next few days are filled with good thoughts about your new baby... hang in there.

Bummer about the hassle with the prescription. Aren't insurance companies the WORST?

 
At June 28, 2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

That stinks about your insurance company! Are they recommending a different pill to you or just telling you to suck it up?

Hope the nausea is abated soon. I can relate to the "anniversary" numbers. You're right - it's a mental hurdle. {hugs}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home