Thursday, June 15, 2006

Second verse, same as the first

After having some pretty bad nausea this morning, things tapered off during the afternoon and I was feeling pretty good by the time I left work. I don't know if it was the hot car or what (being hot really seems to be a trigger), but once again when I got home, I puked within minutes of entering the door. After getting some cheese and crackers in my poor belly, I'm feeling some better now, but still pretty unsettled. I'm so thirsty but can't drink too much at once for fear of triggering more gag reflexes. I know I need to drink what I can, though, because I don't want to get dehydrated. I'm working on figuring out what relief works best for me and hopefully I'll have that figured out sooner than later.

I think one of the hardest things I've found about having nausea (besides the obvious unpleasantness) is having to put on a happy face around other people and act like I'm feeling just fine, especially at work. I don't want to raise suspicion yet that I'm pregnant, and there are few other reasons for me to have prolonged nausea besides this. If it comes down to it and I need to tell others I will, but I'd rather not yet if I can help it.

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

oh ICK. I HATE having stomach problems - literally makes me want to curl up and die... ick. No fun for you.

I hope your little boo gives you a little bit of relief soon.

 
At June 16, 2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

I hope the nausea subsides soon for you, and if it doesn't, at least that you're able to find some foods that "work."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home