Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mum's the word

So far we've told only two other people our news. There may be other close friends and family that we give this blog link to after we've told them of the news, and I just want to take a minute to try and explain why we kept it a secret longer this time around.

We didn't go overboard on telling people last time, but we were definitely excited at the idea of telling people that we were expecting a baby in June. After having to "untell" people, however, I feel like the air was let out of the balloon and I know other people were pretty disappointed, just as we were. If it's not going to work out again, I think I'd rather deal with just our own disappointment, not everyone else's.

Also, telling more people right now would make it seem more real, which I don't really want at this point. I'm comfortably living in denial for now, and hearing other people's excitement would just jolt me out of it. I need to protect myself at this point, and this is what I need to do to achieve that.

It's also hard to want to tell people after doing it the first time. The air can't be put back in the balloon that has a big hole in it. What a great surprise that was to tell people before, but I'm sure most people we already told are expecting this news sooner or later. I'm sure they'll be excited, but there's something that's not quite the same now. The innocence is lost.

So, if you're reading the blog after the fact and have learned that we didn't tell you the news right away, don't be offended or take it personally. It's what we needed to do to help us through this period of uncertainty.

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Damn, I'm not the ONLY one who knows? HOW DARE YOU! :)

Kidding of course. You've got to protect yourself right now. I am sure that people will understand why you withheld this time when you are able to tell people.

HUGS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home