Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Intervention

There are times I think I'm being a really big baby about all of this stuff, but there are other times I don't think I'm fully disclosing how bad this really is, partly because I'm scared of how bad it really is and it's easier to pretend it's not that bad. But I think I'm coming around to admitting that it really is that bad.

Today I had to leave work early (and worked from home) and finally called the doctor. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't just call the doctor at any sniffle. It has to be something pretty bad for me to call. I knew they'd want me to try other over-the-counter treatments before giving me anything that actually works, so I waited to call until I felt like I'd been through everything. Well, they still kind of wrote me off and told me to try Emetrol again, which I told them that I already tried and threw up. They told me to call back tomorrow if it didn't work, and that's exactly what I'll be doing. I've thrown up about five or six times since I called them (I lost track), so I'd venture to say that it's not working. I know they're required for a variety of reasons to get me to try other things first, but I suspect that most people who call haven't done that like I have. I just wish they could see that I really do need extra help here and I'm not just whining after one day of a queasy tummy. I know they still won't give me the good stuff (Zofran) right away, but hopefully some of the lower-level medicines can help in the meantime. I just can't keep living like this...my body is getting very little nourishment since I can't eat much in the first place, then can't keep down what I can eat. I've started getting dizziness as a result, which played a big part in me leaving work today.

I went ahead and told my supervisor today that I was pregnant and that I had really bad morning sickness. I'd hoped to hold off telling him, but I felt like I needed to so he could understand what's going on here. This is a little funny, though. When I left today, someone asked if I was going to lunch. I said, "No, I don't feel well; I'm going home." He said, "I'm sorry to hear that. Something must be going around. [Male co-worker] is also sick...I hope he didn't give anything to you." Somehow, I doubt that.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

Honestly, I do not think you are being a baby about this. Throwing up every hour is no fun, particularly when you're busy at work. I'm glad your supervisor was supportive.

Boo on your doctor's office. I hope they give you something soon.

Hang in there - hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home