Friday, July 07, 2006

A step back

Well, after feeling pretty good on the 4th, I seem to have taken a step backward and haven't felt well for the past couple days (thus no posts), throwing up multiple times despite the help of Zofran. I'm not quite back to the fog I was in pre-medicine, but I'm just completely exhausted from trying to find something I actually want to eat, then throwing it up less than an hour later. I'm making sure to drink plenty of fluids (the last thing I want is to end up in the hospital), and I'm drinking Ensure shakes to get some nutrition, but I feel like my hands are tied now in what else I can do to make things better. I'm very thankful that my doctor's appointment is on Monday.

Other news and notes:

*I haven't eaten chicken for about a month. Previously a staple, I just can't seem to make myself eat it. I don't know if I'd call it a full-blown aversion quite yet, but it looks like it's on the way to that.

*Interestingly, I've taken a preference to red meat lately, which never was my favorite. I'm not a big burger or steak person, but those are two things I've able to eat just fine now.

*I've always loved Eclipse spearmint gum; I've bought it for years now. Well, I put a piece in my mouth yesterday and it started burning immediately and I had to spit it out within 15 seconds.

*I'm dreading Monday's appointment because I am terrified of needles. I went from age 12 until age 28 without a single needle prick. During that time, I convinced myself I just didn't like needles, but that I wasn't scared of them. After coming very close to passing out a couple different times when my mom was having blood taken during her chemo treatments recently, I finally admitted I had a fear. The week I had my miscarriage, I had to have three draws done in five days, so that association is still far from good. I know the trick to drink lots of water to make it easier to get the blood, but that still doesn't get around the pain of having multiple vials of blood taken. And it doesn't help that I was told I don't have great veins. I know I'm just whining now, and there are so many others who have to endure blood draws way more often and for way worse reasons, so I'll just shut my trap and suck it up.

1 Comments:

At July 07, 2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Needle-phobe, huh? I didn't know that about you! Best thing to do... close your eyes and take deep breaths. They know what they're doing (hopefully)... :)

Hang in there. I am sorry you're so sick and hope that your visit on Monday goes well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home