Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Eating everything in sight at 13 weeks

My how things can change. In quite a turnaround from a couple weeks ago when the mere thought of food sent me into gagging fits, my appetite has returned and I want to eat nearly everything in sight, especially if it's considered by most to be junk food. I think part of it is genuine hunger, but part of it is because I'm so excited to be able to eat without it coming back up, and maybe I'm afraid it's going to revert back to the old way soon and I want to take advantage of it while I can. My weight gain for the week is just one pound, which is amazing considering how much I've eaten lately! That's got to come to an end real soon.

I've still had fun with the doppler, but it's not as entertaining as it used to be because sometimes I'm not able to find the heartbeat. It hasn't caused panic yet when I can't find it, usually just frustration and then I give up too easily, but I know there are many reasons the heartbeat may be hard to detect, typically because the baby is moving around too much. Still, it's neat to listen to other things with the doppler, including my own heartbeat and the sound of blood rushing through arteries.

So, 13 weeks today. I wish I could say the time is flying, but it's definitely not yet.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds overall)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds overall)

5 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great you got your appetite back. I loved eating when I was pregnant I felt like I had an "excuse". Don't give up on the doppler, your little one is just finding it's way around in its home and it may be hard to find it all the time, I know early on even my doctor had a hard time finding it. They can be sneaky little devils! I hope the good feelings last, it will make the next 27 weeks so much easier.
~Beth

 
At August 01, 2006 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you feel like eating now! The baby has finally adjusted and now is ready to rock and roll! Bring on the food!
I ate just about anything that wasn't tied down when I was pregnant! Just think in a few months, you will be too pregnant to eat much at all so enjoy it now!

 
At August 01, 2006 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang it...the one before was me...
Nanci

 
At August 01, 2006 3:05 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

I'm glad your pregnancy is progressing well! Yay for food enjoyment!

 
At August 02, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you are able eat and enjoy it. It is exciting once you get through the nausea phase. I had a hard time staying away from the junk food during my pregnancy. I had to constantly remind myself that I did not need that many extra calories for the baby.
Nikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home