Friday, August 25, 2006

The alien within

I'm not one of those people who reads into every pain or twitch and decides that I have what I'm hoping for. In fact, I'm the opposite and I always try to look for a way to explain things away so I don't get my hopes up. Before I found out I was pregnant, I looked for any excuse but pregnancy to explain any symptoms I might have felt. Once the nausea hit, I wrote it off for the first day or so, thinking I could have just eaten something bad. I don't like to cry wolf.

But I think I've started feeling little flutters this morning, and no matter how many things I try to explain it away with (gas, Zofran side effects, new cereal disagreeing with me, whatever), I just know in my gut that it's really flutters I'm starting to feel. And that has me a little bit freaked out.

But why?

This is normal, and everyone experiences movement for the first time at some point. Probably because it's yet another thing that's confirming this is real...and it's really happening to me. My brain knows I'm pregnant, but my heart is having a harder time accepting it, afraid of being hurt if it doesn't work out. At a certain point, I will no longer be able to deny it. And it looks like that time is approaching.

5 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes the baby flutters, the roller coaster-sea legs-motion sick quease in the pit of your stomach. Your little pooper is taking flight! Wait until you are about 35 weeks and you can feel EVERYTHING!! Every foot every hand every hiney . I just to pinpoint baby parts to Tim, he thought it was hilarious. And wait until the baby plays punching bag with your bladder! The fun has just begun. My belly button always felt like it was being pulled from inside. Very weird feeling.

Wake up and smell the coffee, girl, you're pregnant!!!
Welcome to being pregnant, darlin'!
~Beth

 
At August 25, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

That's pretty significant! My 1st flutter made me tear up and made it all the more real for me too.

Pretty soon, those flutter-kicks will rouse you in the middle of the night and do a happy dance on your bladder. Good times!

 
At August 25, 2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

OMG! That is awesome! Congrats. It's a big deal and of course it's hard to believe! That's a person moving around in there!!!!! You're going to have a baby!!!{{HUGS}}

 
At August 28, 2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

That's GREAT, D. And I agree with Beth - wake up and smell the coffee - YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

 
At August 28, 2006 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg!!!!!!!! i am so excited for you! I too cried when I first felt the flutters and was so frustrated that no one else could feel them on the outside of my belly! That is so awesome!
Yay! You're pregnant!
Nanci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home