Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Book learnin'

I'm a little ashamed to admit this, since I have a journalism degree and I read for a living, but we didn't start reading books to Baby B until a couple months ago. I'm the kind of person who likes to know that someone is paying attention when I'm talking. (My nightmare job would probably be a high school teacher that has to still teach lessons despite kids falling asleep and talking in class. I would go nuts.) Unfortunately, I would just get too frustrated with reading before she could sit still and would do it maybe once a week at best. But now that Baby B has been able to pay attention to the books and my reading, I'm enjoying it a lot more, and we do it at least once a day, sometimes more.

I think I might be at the beginning stages of a serious book addiction, however. Because children's books are so short, we typically read two or three books in one sitting. I know kids like the repetition of the same books and end up with favorites because of this, but momma needs at least a little variety. I started an Amazon.com wish list in Baby B's name in order to keep track of the books she doesn't have yet. And that'll be great to have ready for when people ask what they should get her for Christmas or her birthday. Of course, that's if I don't end up buying all the books myself before then!

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

Books are the best! Aiden has about a total of 10 books (one of which being the Grinch and that doesn't exactly seem seasonal at this point - although my DH read that one to Aiden in the womb at Christmas time). Anyway, I love reading to him and hope he gets mine and my husband's love for reading. I can't wait until I can start reading the Harry Potter books to him! My aunts are both big readers too and have already bought him the books he has - we haven't bought him any. The amazon list sounds like a perfect idea though, hopefully people will be looking for gifts from that all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home