Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Get your updates "ear"

Baby B is doing much better today. She was a lot more like herself last night, and the same goes for today. She doesn't seem to be bothered when I lie her down, which made her cry before, probably because of the ear infection, so I'm guessing that's on the upswing. Her chest is still congested, but not nearly as much as before. She probably could have gone to daycare today, but we felt better keeping her home one more day so she doesn't infect the other kids (and thus end up with a slightly different strain and go through this all over again). I just hope other parents are as considerate of our child as we are of theirs when it comes to keeping other kids from getting sick. So, The Husband and I are taking shifts today so neither one of us has to miss a whole day of work. I'm taking the morning shift since I have to attend an afternoon meeting, then he'll come home at lunch and take over baby duty during the second half of the day.

I had to take a rectal temperature for the first time yesterday. I was a little squeamish about it at first, but we have a five-second digital thermometer, so it really wasn't that bad. Not a big deal at all, especially when I was so impatient that the under-arm temperature was taking too long. It was easy, but certainly did result in a dirty diaper within half an hour, which I heard was often the case.

Contrary to the norm lately, Baby B woke up during the night for the first time in a long time. Around 12:30 a.m., she woke up, flipped herself over, then couldn't get back to sleep because she had upset herself. We tried everything else first, then I fed her and that calmed her at first, but she still didn't want to go to sleep in her crib. We figured she was having a lot of drainage, from both her chest and her ear, so she may have been uncomfortable from that. She went to sleep within minutes of being put in the swing, and she slept there fine the rest of the night (all the more reason I think she was having drainage issues). I looked back at my feeding/diapers log (yes, I'm still keeping track), and it looks like the last time I had to feed her during the night was April 11--when she was 2 1/2 months old.

That was three months ago.

Yes, we are extremely fortunate, so I cannot complain about her waking up one time during the night when she's sick.


At July 18, 2007 11:58 AM, Blogger S & R said...

I hope Baby B is feeling better! I've been thinking of you!!!!



Post a Comment

<< Home