Friday, July 13, 2007

Reaching out

In the past week or so, I've noticed a significant increase in the number of things that Baby B is actively reaching out for. She just recently started reaching up for the fish that "swim" in a circle above her swing, and I was pouring water over her for fun during her bath tonight and she reached up for the cup in my hand. She always wants to grab the book during storytime, she reaches out to touch The Dog, and she tried reaching for my water bottle tonight when I was feeding her (probably thinking it was one of her own bottles).

But you know what I'm so eager for her to do? I can't wait for her to reach up with her arms to indicate that she wants me to hold her. Sure, after a while, that may become tiring for me, especially when she gets to the point of wanting to be picked up all the time, but right now my heart warms when I think about it.

Along those same lines, I cannot wait for Baby B to kiss me back. I smother her with kisses daily, and she puts up with it quite well, but I can't wait for her to understand what it is I'm doing--and for her to do it back to me!

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2007 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kissing back concept takes a while. My little Ethan took a long time ti master this skill. Now at 2 he is a pro! I just love asking for kisses and hugs!! He always wants 2 or 3 before he goes down to sleep. It is the best.
Nikki

 
At July 14, 2007 12:23 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

One of my favorite things was when the kids would pat me on the back. It just becomes habit for them because they are so used to you doing it to them. They'll put their little head on your shoulder and you feel their little hand pat pat patting you. It's so sweet.

 
At July 14, 2007 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby kisses are the BEST! I steal all the smooches I can get now, because I know there will come a time when kissing your mommy is not cool so I take advantage of it all that I can.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home