Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pass the baby

When we're around acquaintances and they're playing with Baby B when she's with me, I'm never quite sure whether to offer to let them hold her. I personally don't mind if they hold her, but I hesitate to ask in case they really don't want to. I realize that some people aren't completely comfortable holding babies, and that's fine. I just don't want to make them feel pressured to do it, and I'm afraid they'll feel obligated if I mentioned it. Yet I know some people don't want to ask to hold a baby in case the mother does have an issue with it. Still, I tend to err on the side of caution and don't want to force her on others. But seriously, how can they resist? ;)

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

I wish I had that problem - LOL! It seems like any time Aiden and I are out and about (like church for instance) there is a constant stream of people wanting to hold him. When he was newborn I was a bit more wary of it - now I am used to it and am more comfortable. The only time I get a little freaked is when I lose Aiden in my line of sight - then I have to go looking for him, even if we're at church. Anyway, I'm sure you could say something like "let me know if you'd like to hold her - she never minds other people holding her" or whatever. That would let people know the option is there without feeling any obligation. Although I tend to get the - I can hold him if you want... I usually take the hint and let that person hold him. Usually. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home