Thursday, April 12, 2007

Meows, muscles, and more

Just some miscellaneous notes that aren't quite worthy of individual posts:

*Baby B sometimes meows like a kitten when she's doing her happy coos, which are becoming more and more frequent each day. She's come close to doing a real laugh, but hasn't quite yet (at least not what I would consider a full laugh, just sort of half-laughs).

*I realized the other day that her neck muscles have gotten a lot stronger in the past week or so, and I almost never have to worry about making sure her head doesn't flop over, out of control. As a result, we've been able to start using the Bumbo chair a little bit here and there to get her used to it. As long as she's in the right mood, she loves it.

*We found out that we're able to leave our car seat at daycare during the day. (Some daycares don't allow this because they do not have the space available to store them, but ours fits under her crib there.) This is good news, because it means that whoever takes her to daycare doesn't have to be the one to pick her up. I'm not sure yet how we're going to handle drop-off and pick-up, but I'd like to take turns doing each (one week, perhaps, I'll do drop-off and The Husband will pick her up, then we'll switch the next week...something like that). I just don't want to be the one stuck doing all the sad drop-offs, then he gets to be the one to see her happy when she's picked up.

*Baby B almost never uses her pacifier anymore, especially for me. I'm not opposed to letting her have it if she does need it, but ideally I'd love to wean her off of it early. She's taken to sucking her hand/thumb sometimes when she's upset, so hopefully that'll continue. I've noticed that she always favors her left hand; it makes me wonder if she'll end up being left-handed when she's older. The Husband is a lefty, and I was supposed to be until my parents and grandparents forced me to be right-handed. I still do most things left-handed, but I write with my right hand.

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 10:37 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I would love to have another lefty in this world! Rock on, Baby B!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home