Sunday, April 08, 2007

Size matters

So, I've loved the Gerber-brand onesies (despite hating the word "onesies") for Baby B since the beginning; she started in the newborn size and currently wears the 0-3 month size. Even though she's just 11 weeks old and in the 50th percentile in weight for her age, she's close to outgrowing the 0-3 month size, so I was going to go ahead and buy the next size up so we have some ready when we need them, since I imagine that's what I'll be sending with her to daycare (no need for her to spit up on anything fancy). I expected the next size up to be 3-6 month, since that's how most clothes seem to run, but the next size up for the Gerber onesies is 3-9 month. You should see how long this thing is! There's no way they're going to fit her for a while, especially since she's still on the smaller size (25th percentile) for height. The solution, of course, will be to look for other brands of onesies and go with that until the 3-9 month size fits, but it's just annoying that we have to do that. I guess I'm not the only one who has trouble finding clothes that fit myself. Like mother, like daughter, it seems.

1 Comments:

At April 08, 2007 9:02 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

I'm with you on the Gerber onesies. I never liked them because they never quite fit right. I REALLY like the Target brand (Circo). They're inexpensive and IMHO much better than the Gerber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home