Saturday, March 31, 2007

No shower + no makeup = always run into someone you know

Last weekend, The Husband and I took The Dog and Baby B to the dog park because the weather was so nice. I hadn't taken a shower in a couple of days--not because I didn't have the chance but just because I felt like being "lazy"--and I hadn't put on any makeup (I don't wear much, but it's unusual for me to wear none when I go out in public). So, we found a nice, big shade tree and made our way to that. I'd been standing there for just a few minutes when who do I see walking toward me but one of my co-workers! Doesn't that just figure--looking the worst I've looked during all of my time off and I run into someone I know. Thankfully, Baby B was the focus of the interaction, and not me. I know, I know...I have the excuse of being a new mom and all that, but I don't want to be that new mom who looks all disheveled. I want to be that new mom that people look at and say, "Wow, you're looking good! How do you do it?" I certainly wasn't that person last weekend, but at least I was able to laugh at myself regarding the whole thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home