Monday, October 02, 2006

As expected

I met with the surgeon this afternoon, and it went about as expected. He said I have one 21mm stone in there, as opposed to lots of small stones. He said if you're going to have any stones, one big one is "better" than lots of smaller stones because it's more likely to stay in the actual gall bladder instead of moving into ducts. He said if we were going to take it out during pregnancy, the window is within the next two weeks because after that my uterus will be too high, but he (like my ob) recommends against it since my attacks haven't even been that frequent (well, they've been too frequent for my taste, but really, they could be weekly or even daily, but they're not).

He told me to watch my diet and to give them a call about a month after delivery and we'll go from there. He said we'd go over details about the surgery then, since we'll know better what we're working with (ie, like the plan may be different if I have a c-section instead of a regular delivery). So, nothing really came of it other than the office has my information now, which will be helpful when the time does come to have it taken out.

2 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well good luck to you no matter when they get taken out. Hopefully the attacks will still be less and less frequent. I sure hope it is an easy and quick process. Can you believe it's October already??!! Your little baby will be here soon! Oh I'm getting soooo excited!
~Beth

 
At October 03, 2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck getting it out! My mom had the old fashioned kind when us kids were in school. It left a beautiful scar across her stomach...lucky you! At least you get the small scars. I'm sure it will be quick and fairly painless, and knowing it will be the last time it can cause you pain will be a great relief! Gosh, I also can't believe it is OCTOBER already! I'm getting excited. I love fall!

Nanci

 

Post a Comment

<< Home