Monday, September 25, 2006

The Gap

I had great difficulty in choosing a shirt to wear this morning. I'm sort of at that in-between stage where my regular shirts don't really fit (or rather, they don't look good) and some of the maternity shirts still look silly because I don't have an obvious belly. A lot of the maternity tops I do have would work in theory, except for the fact that my boobs have grown since I bought the shirts, so now I have gaps in between buttons that show my bra and/or stomach.

I don't know why I thought I'd be able to get away with button-up shirts. I'm a DD cup pre-pregnancy and own almost no button-up shirts because they always gap around the boobs. However, when I tried on these maternity shirts a few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised that I had no gaps and I quietly commended the shirt designers who finally took big-chested women into account. However, now that my boobs are growing and the belly isn't keeping up, it's making for some gaps that reveal a little too much to my co-workers.

Some of the shirts can be fixed with safety pins to close the gaps, but I just didn't have time to do that this morning. I know another fix is to wear a shirt underneath it, but my office is typically on the warmer side, so even wearing a tank top underneath isn't a realistic option. Plus, I hate the feeling of having to keep both shirts pulled down, since the bottom one inevitably rides up more than the outer shirt. Ug, isn't it too early to be annoyed by my clothes?!? They're still so cute and I'd love to wear them if they still fit properly!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home