Monday, September 18, 2006

XX

Sorry for the late post...we had a bunch of errands to run after the appointment this morning.

Everything looks nice and healthy on the ultrasound; measurements were normal and all that. I am measuring exactly where I should be (19 weeks and 6 days), so they're not going to be changing my due date from February 6. The heartbeat was strong at 154 beats per minute. And, I'm happy to report that it appears as though we're having a girl. She couldn't get a good second look because the baby was LAZY this morning and didn't want to shift again, and the cord was draped between the legs, so she said it's possible something could have been hiding behind the cord. But earlier we'd gotten a look at the three lines that indicate a girl, so that's what it's looking like. We saw the report that she gave the doctor, and nowhere in there did she indicate any uncertainty about it, and I do know that they have to be pretty certain before they'll even say anything either way, so I feel pretty good about it. I will have another ultrasound in four weeks to measure the heart again (nothing is suspected wrong, but they just couldn't get good measurements today), and they said they'll check again for us then. So, I'm not buying any girl clothes or anything for another month until we have 100% certainty, but we're trying to keep most things neutral anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I mentioned the latest gallstone attack, and he's sending me to a general surgeon in two weeks for a consultation. The plan isn't to have it taken out right now, but he wants the surgeon to have my information and know my case, just in case there comes an emergency during pregnancy when they do need to take it out. Otherwise, it'll wait until afterwards since he said it almost certainly needs to come out. Fine by me!

Okay, here are the pics we got today. (Don't worry--I know that generally, only the parents-to-be have any interest in these. But, I have had people asking about them, so here you go!) If you click on each one, it'll open up a bigger image in a new window.

Profile of head:



An arm:



Showing heart rate:



Girl parts:



Another head profile:



Side-by-side images of each foot:

5 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I was SO right! I knew it!
Congratulations on the baby girl! Can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations again,
Nanci

 
At September 18, 2006 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!! Like you, I would've been thrilled with a boy, of course, but I'm SO glad it's a girl. I'll wait until next month, and then full steam ahead with the strangling baby head bows! :) I'm so excited for you guys!

Laura

 
At September 18, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What joy she'll bring!

Lots of good neutral stuff out there, but it's REAL hard to stay away from the pink!

 
At September 18, 2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you! I love the pics.
Nikki

 
At September 19, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

I knew it I knew it I KNEW IT!!!!

Yay. I'm so glad for you, D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home