Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pondering the possibilities at 19 weeks

For the longest time, I'd always envisioned having two little boys. I don't know what it was, but it just seemed right. Maybe it was the challenge of it I liked so much, since I only grew up with a sister and never really had much experience with young boys. But within the past four or five years, something turned and I found myself hoping I'd be blessed with two little girls. (For some reason, having one of each has never entered my mind.) In less than a week, we'll hopefully find out what our first-born child is, and I think I can honestly say after reflecting on the possible scenarios over the past few weeks and months that I'm 100% okay with either one. I know most parents say that--"I don't care what it is as long as it's healthy"--and I really do feel that way. If I had the power to choose, I think I'd choose a girl at this point, but I can say I won't feel disappointed or "cheated" somehow if it's a boy. We will welcome our child into our home with open arms and pretty soon won't be able to imagine how our lives would have been if it'd gone the other way. This child will be loved for way more than whether it's a boy or a girl.

I've been feeling okay overall. No more gallstone attacks. I haven't taken a Zofran since September 3. My headaches have either been minor or non-existent the past few days. I do have a little nausea this morning, but I think it's something that'll pass soon. As I type this, I'm feeling little pulsing sensations in my lower left abdomen, but it's subtle enough that I can't quite classify it as definitive movement. We're finding the heartbeat about an inch away from my belly button now, whereas around 12 weeks it was nearly right on the pubic bone. I'm down a pound over the past week, despite still wanting only junk food. I'm in maternity pants for the comfort (I may never go back to regular pants again!) but am definitely not showing to even myself, let alone to other people. (Honestly, that's fine by me; I will gladly avoid comments from strangers for as long as possible.) I'm exhausted, but I think that's more a product of recent stress and having a busy late summer than anything pregnancy related.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the baby thing, we were happy no matter what. But secretly I wanted a little boy first to shut Tim up. I figured the sooner I had a son the sooner he would be happy and have a little football watching buddy. I was so happy when Austin was born and then when Ashlyn was born that just sealed the deal we knew our family was "complete", one boy, one girl, one cat, one dog. What more could we want? I had the sick feeling that if I ended up having two boys I would always have the "I wish I had a girl" feeling. But no matter, I love my kids no matter if they were green with 4 eyes. I am so anxious to hear the sex of the baby!

Oh yeah, and aren't maternity pants the absolute best?!?

~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home