Friday, September 22, 2006

There's a giant on the loose

I've repeatedly made the same complaint about regular clothes, but maternity clothes are even worse for featuring shirts with three-quarter sleeves and pants that are not full-length. I can't tell you how many times I'll look on a rack and see an adorable shirt but have to put it back immediately because the stupid sleeves don't come all the way down to my wrists. I hate the styles of these types of clothes because they make me feel like a giant who has outgrown clothes that should fit. Some people say they like three-quarter sleeves because they'd just push up the sleeves anyway, but I like to have a choice in whether I have my sleeves pushed up. Sometimes I really like them down all the way (and sometimes I really like it when they're long enough to hit me about mid-hand). Is this really too much to ask, clothes designers?

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran into the same problem all the pants were either capris (which looked like they had shrunk in the wash) or leggings which do not accomodate a preggo hiney very well in my opinion. I too HATE 3/4 sleves, maternity or not. They make me feel like I bought a shirt too small too, like the Hulk has been set loose terrorizing everyone. I am glad I am not the only one who hates that about the clothes too.
~beth

 
At September 22, 2006 8:45 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

It seems a lot of maternity clothing also emphasizes the cleavage, as though you should be proud of your ever expanding dècolletage and showing it all off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home