Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm not a decorator, nor do I play one on TV

I wouldn't consider myself an arsty or creative person overall, so the thought of decorating a room kind of intimidates me. I mean, one of the reasons I loved the house that we bought was because all the walls were painted khaki--nice and neutral that we didn't have to do anything to when we moved in. Soon after moving in, I did paint and decorate my bathroom, but how hard is that, really? Just pick the paint color, a few pieces of art, and matching accessories. On a small scale like that, it's fine. But a nursery seems like such a larger scale to me, especially since that's something that everyone likes to focus on and see. So we're going to tackle this as best we can.

For various reasons, we want to keep the room itself pretty neutral. All along, I've wanted sage green walls. I originally thought I wanted to decorate completely neutral, but I think I've since decided to make accessories a little more feminine (assuming we get a better shot at girl parts next month!) but still keep the room neutral, if that makes sense. So we're still going with the sage green walls, but I think I'd like to have my bedding incorporate that sage green and a light pink. That way, all the pink elephants I've accumulated over the years can be incorporated better into the room without looking odd or out of place. I think we've got a basic room layout figured out, so really the next step is to go out and find what paint we want and get started with that. I definitely want to get this done while I'm still feeling pretty well and can have fun with it. At this point, it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling.

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slap some paint on the walls and get a crib in there, that's about all you need. Believe me once the baby is here you nor anyone else is really gonna care what the room looks like, their attention will be focused on the baby. We left our walls the neutral color and did wallpaper border. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Then there's my neighbors next door, who painted the top of the wall one color the bottom of the wall another color and put border up where the two colors met. They then bought all the same crib set, curtains, valance, stroller, car seat, high chair and bouncy seat to match the wallpaper. Talk about over kill. Then they painted the bureau the same colors as the walls. It was a bunny rabbit nightmare! I think you guys are doing the right thing, sticking to the one color scheme and not doing anything crazy. I can't wait to see what it looks like.
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home