Saturday, September 23, 2006

Registering decisions

After many weeks of research (and still much, much more to come), we've started choosing some of the baby gear items we're going to need and have started our registry by adding some of the big stuff to it. Smaller stuff will have to wait a bit longer, but it feels good to at least get some of the major items chosen.

Just as with our wedding registry, I look at a baby registry as more of a "to buy" list for ourselves rather than a "hey, people, here's what you can buy us" list. Of course, if people choose to buy things from the registry, then hey, all the better, but I don't feel bad choosing a more expensive travel system (for example) because I'm not expecting people to buy that stuff. In my mind, we're responsible for buying all this stuff, and it's an unexpected treat if others choose to help us out with it. I think so many people look at the registry as a gift list only, but I think of it as more than that.

I started feeling some stronger movement earlier this afternoon that can be nothing else but little kicks. It sort of makes me gasp every time since it's still a bit of a foreign feeling. And yes, it still freaks me out a little bit. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home