Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Examining finances at 21 weeks

Weighing on my mind lately has been how in the world we're going to pay for all the stuff we need for Baby B in the next four months and beyond if The Husband is not able to find a job before his severance pay runs out next month. My salary, while definitely needed and not just a luxury, cannot support us long-term beyond paying for health insurance (since he and Baby B will need to be on my plan), our mortgage (which isn't outrageous), and his car payment (again, not outrageous). I know it'll all work out in the end, and plenty of people do this every day with even less than what I make, but that's still not a very comforting thought sometimes.

It's just difficult since a lot of people in my position get to examine the finances to see if it's feasible to stay home full time with the kid(s). But we find ourselves in the position of examining the finances to make sure we can make ends meet, not even getting started on thinking about providing for our child. Starting a college fund? Yeah, let's make sure we have a crib and diapers first. I hate that we've been put in this position--I HATE it. I know there's no point to thrashing around, kicking and screaming about how unfair it is. We're trying our hardest to look forward and hope for the best, knowing that some opportunity will present itself shortly, but the uncertainty keeps haunting my thoughts whenever a quiet moment comes to me. I know we're very fortunate to have what we have right now, but that doesn't silence the persistent voices.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

The finance thing can be so scary when you add a baby to the mix! It's very stressful, but it's amazing how it all works itself out.

Praying for you that your husband finds a job asap!!

 
At September 26, 2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Ugh. Worrying about money sucks. Hang in there - and keep the faith. Things always have a way of working themselves out.

I hope for your sake it's sooner rather than later.

 
At September 26, 2006 8:44 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

I can relate. We're moving and I'm giving up my well-paying job. Worrying about money stinks, but things usually work themselves out when smart people are involved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home