Sunday, September 16, 2007

Momma called the doctor and the doctor said, "What is it NOW?!"

Last week I spent a good portion of my week tending to doctor-related tasks. On Monday I had to meet with the geneticist during my (extended) lunch break. On Tuesday afternoon I had to take Baby B to the pediatrician for her pneumonia and ear infection. On Thursday morning I had to take The Husband to our family doctor because he became sick with the same thing Baby B had (though his symptoms ended up being different than hers). Tomorrow afternoon I'm scheduled for my repeat pap test (the doctor didn't get enough cells the first time around...grrr!), but because my period unexpectedly showed up on Friday, I may have to reschedule that appointment. I also have to take Baby B for a follow-up appointment for her pneumonia in just over a week.

With all these trips to the doctor, I was joking that The Dog must be feeling left out because we hadn't made a trip to the veterinarian. Well, guess what. It looks like I'm going to have to call the vet tomorrow and take him in because it appears as though he's got an infection at the base of the toenails on his back right paw, and he keeps trying to lick and chew at it, which is only making it worse. Naturally we noticed this about 10 minutes after the office closed on Saturday. So, it'll actually work out well if I need to cancel my ob/gyn appointment tomorrow in order to get him in to see the vet without having to take too much time off work (which I feel bad about since I had to work half-days for much of last week) or rush between appointments.

I know there are some people who have to go to the doctor more often and for more serious ailments than we've had to go for, but I'm ready for some time away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home