Friday, September 14, 2007

Periodically annoying

I figured something was up when my face started to break out earlier this week. During pregnancy and then after I had Baby B, my skin had been in great shape and I had thankfully avoided monthly breakouts. But a little breakout this week made me suspicious, and it turns out I was right. I had what amounted to a little bit of spotting last night, then earlier today it appears as though my period made its (undesired) return after a 16-month absence.

I realize I'm very fortunate that it stayed away this long, especially since I haven't nursed overnight in probably five months (at least), but I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with it the entire time I was breastfeeding. I'll admit that I became spoiled on not having my period for so long that I'm kind of whiny about the fact that it looks like it's returned. So far it's very light, so it's possible it's just a spotting episode, but I'm guessing it's the real thing, especially considering my milk supply lately has been about half of what it used to be in the beginning.

****

Baby B returned to daycare today and was her usual, happy self. Unfortunately, The Husband ended up getting the same bacteria, though it's giving him different symptoms, and he's felt pretty miserable for about three days now. I'm glad Baby B made such a quick recovery, but I hope The Husband starts feeling better soon, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home