Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hug-a-bug

We were enjoying some nice post-dinner family time at the kitchen table earlier tonight, and I had Baby B in my lap, facing me, while The Husband finished eating. (Baby B tried peaches for the first time tonight, and they went over pretty well, just like most everything else she's tried.) All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she thrust her upper body toward my upper body and put her arms around my neck.

Wait, what was that? A hug? A real hug?

At first I thought it must have been just because she was tired and she was flinging herself in whatever direction was easier and that her arms just happened to end up around my neck. So I pulled her back and asked her if she would hug me. And she did the same thing: leaned forward into my upper body and put her arms around my neck. I pulled her back again. Again she did the same thing. We repeated this probably eight or ten times, with the result being the same each time.

I immediately felt a warm river of emotion rush through my body, reaching from toes to fingertips to the top of my head--but most of all to my heart. My baby was hugging me back! All of the affection I've shown her over the past 7+ months and now I'm going to get it in return?! Yes, sign me up, please! As if I wasn't already in love with her enough, it's reached completely new heights now.

3 Comments:

At September 06, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Aww, that's so very sweet! It's those little moments that overwhelm us with job.

 
At September 06, 2007 11:27 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Oops, JOY!!

 
At September 07, 2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Of course it was a hug! LOL that you did it over and over which is totally something I would do!

Now I'm thinking I only have 5 months to go before Rose starts showing me some affection . . . lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home