Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sushi baby

There are certain people out there--you may be one of them, which is a good thing because then perhaps you'll better understand what I'm trying to say here--who experience some things in life a little differently than the average person. The people I'm talking about are the ones who seem to experience a spiritual high--almost a higher level of existence--when indulging in such things as chocolate, yoga, sushi, and, for some people, even pregnancy. People who like yoga typically don't just like it a lot--they love it, almost to the point of obsession. Same with sushi buffs. Then there's the people who say they must have some form of chocolate every day, otherwise they cannot function. And then there's the people who find pregnancy to be this utopian human state.

I've never really understood that feeling of a "higher experience" before. I didn't doubt that it existed, but I could never really come up with anything that I felt that strongly about in my life. Cheesecake? Sure, slice me up a piece, but I never found myself lifted to another dimension with each yummy bit. Cooking? Yes, I have fun with it, but it never took me to another level.

I recently realized, however, that is exactly how I feel about Baby B.

I get it now. Not necessarily in relation to yoga or chocolate, but I get it.

I love her. But I don't just love her. I love her. I love her with every cell in my body. When I watch her sleeping in her crib, I ache because I can't pick her up--even though she's less than a foot in front of me and I was holding her not that long ago. My whole day at work is spent anticipating that moment when I'll get to pick her up at daycare. I can't stop kissing her when she's within kissing distance. I become drunk upon inhaling her sweet baby smell.

She's better than chocolate. Or yoga. Or sushi. Or pregnancy. She's my baby.

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2007 10:57 AM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

OMG that is sweet. Motherhood is amazing, isnt it?

p.s. she looks exactly like your baby picture!

 
At August 29, 2007 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree. It is the best thing ever!
I cannot wait for #2 to arrive.

 
At August 29, 2007 12:19 PM, Blogger Somjam said...

D- that is so sweet and brought tears to my eyes because I know exactly what you mean. I love G. more than anything. I race home after work just to be with him. I also like the fact, I get about 45 mintues with him before Dh gets home. It's our time and I wouldn't change anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home