Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sway it is

One of the things we've done since the beginning to help soothe Baby B has been to hold her and sway back and forth since she likes the movement. After more than seven months of doing this, however, the swaying has begun to take over my non-baby time, too! I can't tell you how many times during the day I'll catch myself swaying at weird times--without Baby B--like in the shower, while blow-drying my hair, or while waiting in line at a store. It's become such a natural movement lately that it makes me wonder how long I've been doing it whenever I catch myself. I dan only guess what other people must think when I do this out in public. Of course, all those other parents out there probably get it!

2 Comments:

At September 06, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

I so totally get that!! I catch myself all the time, especially standing at church when my MIL is holding Aiden and I am baby free. I'll just be swaying back and forth and not even realize it. We do understand!!

 
At September 06, 2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Somjam said...

nmI catch myself doing this all the time!! or I find myself humming or bouncing. It's funnny the things you do to calm your baby and then you find yourself doing them when you're baby free. I just have to smile and laugh at myself and think of how much I miss the little one. I know the mom's understand and smile to themselves.

S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home