Thursday, September 13, 2007

Let's take a stroll

I was thinking the other day that I'm very glad we made the decision not to get a travel system with a bulky stroller (well, bulkier than we knew we wanted) that goes along with the car seat. Not once in the past 7 1/2 months have I wished we could have plopped the car seat into a stroller; in fact, so far we don't really use our lightweight stroller all that much except sometimes on walks around the neighborhood. We've gotten much more use out of our Baby Bjorn, which definitely was money well-spent for us.

I know we'll start using the stroller more once Baby B outgrows her car seat but is too heavy for us to carry around all the time, but my point is that I'm glad we skipped the big stroller.

I'm sure I'll change my tune at some point, but I'm not a big fan of strollers in general. I don't know what it is, but something about a stroller makes people turn completely oblivious to their surroundings; I can't tell you how many times I've been run into with a stroller (when I was not in the way at all), yet then got a dirty look from the parent as though it were my fault. When we are around other people with our stroller, I try to make sure I'm very aware of everything around me and do my best not to hit anyone. It's funny how much of parenting is "let's not do what they did."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home