Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rock 'n' roll

Baby B has been doing great with learning how to use her hands, so her next major milestone probably will be rolling over. I've been helping her practice that every day--both front to back and back to front--and I can tell that the muscles she needs to use are getting stronger each time. Until recently, we couldn't do much tummy time, which helps with developing those muscles, since she ate so often (sometimes every hour) and was a threat to spit up for probably an hour after each feeding--and having something like the floor pressing on her stomach didn't help. But now she's eating every three hours, so she has some time in between feedings where she's not as likely to spit up, so we can turn her on her tummy more often.

For the record, I hate the term "tummy time." It feels like a term that rich, stuck-up, tennis-playing, high-end-department-store-shopping women made up. But it gets the point across, so I use it, though hesitantly.

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2007 1:54 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

LOL. I am not fond of that terminology either. I laughed when I read your previous post, too. I hate a dirty nose! That is actually only second to what I call "juice lip." Oh, I hate it when kids have a red (or any other color) juice stain on their face!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home