Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sing a song of six cents, a pocketful of rice

I'm well-known for not knowing the words to songs. When I listen to a song, I typically focus on the music part and not as much on the words. This poses a problem, however, when it comes to singing kids' songs to Baby B, not just because I'm natually horrible with words, but also because it's been so long since I've had to know them. For most songs, I'm okay for the first couple lines, but then my memory fades and I have to start making up words, which I love to do (and is often more fun!), but I can't be sending her to school knowing the wrong words!

What I like to do instead of struggling with the words to songs I should know (I really need to get a nursery rhymes CD, huh?) is make up completely ridiculous songs of my own! I'd give an example here, but the real draw of my songs is actually hearing them put to my awful, made-up melodies. It would not come across nearly as well in a blog post!

1 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 10:36 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I am sure that your lyrics are much more interesting than the ones that everyone else knows. Baby B will be lucky to know alternative versions of the songs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home