Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hidden messages

The breast pump...it speaks to me.

No, really.

Okay, so I'm lounging (well, as much as I can) in the sparsely furnished interview/testing room at my work, expressing the nourishment needed for my daughter and wondering how the hip-high scuff marks got on all four off-white walls. The rhythmic hum of the pump motor lulls me into a relaxed, peaceful state of mind as I try to picture waterfalls, swimming pools, playing with Baby B--all the things that will help the milk flow. I'm nearly in a state of light sleep when I hear it: "spooky bat, spooky bat, spooky bat." My eyes fly open, not certain what just happened. The "talking" is coming from the breast pump for sure. "Spooky bat, spooky bat, spooky bat." I'm amused, yet try to lean back and relax again. Next I hear: "Don't do that, don't do that, don't do that." I swear I can hear talking in my pump! Hidden messages, it seems. And they're different every time.

I've also heard:

"That is a book. That is a book. That is a book."
"That's a good one. That's a good one. That's a good one."
"He loves his house. He loves his house. He loves his house."
"The magic knives. The magic knives. The magic knives."
"I left it there. I left it there. I left it there."
"A crazy day, a crazy day, a crazy day."

Anyone worried about me yet?

5 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gracious, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Does it speak to you at home or only at work? Wow, I'm speechless!
~Beth

 
At April 26, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

Ahhh, I've never laughed so hard! Thanks for sharing your priceless moment!

 
At April 26, 2007 11:08 PM, Blogger DMB said...

Beth--Yes, it does speak to me at home, but usually if I'm pumping at home, I have outside noise like talking, the TV, or a radio to drown out the pump sound. At work, there's nothing but the pump.

D

 
At April 27, 2007 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooky spooky.... Still can't help but laugh!
~beth

 
At April 27, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

Um, yeah. I am a little scared for you. Just a little.

Though I do confess that I often hear phrases in my head when I'm listening to something rythmic too.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home