Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back to the grind

My goodness, how can it possibly be time for me to go back to work? Wasn't it just last weekend that I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes? Weren't we just taking our first pictures of Baby B the other day? But now it's time to resume my previous life, but as a completely different person. There are so many unanswered questions at this point. Will I be more distracted during the day, wishing I could be with Baby B? Or will I be more focused on work so I can be productive and get stuff done so I can come home and spend time with her? Will I care less about the small details of my job because I can see a bigger picture now? How will I find time to do everything that I need to do and still get a respectable amount of sleep? All these and more will be answered in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, I'm returning right as things become very busy, so there won't be much of a warm-up period for me. At least my first day should be pretty light, as I imagine I'll be catching up on e-mails and probably chatting with half the people in my office when they see I've returned. My blog posts may not be as frequent, or they may become shorter, but I'll do my best to keep up with these updates.

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2007 9:51 AM, Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Best of luck at getting back into the grind. I hope that you are able to spend much of the day chatting with nice coworkers - that would be the best way to ease back in!!

 
At April 23, 2007 10:44 AM, Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

It's official, you're a working mother. Hope the transition is a smoothe one for you and baby B!

 
At April 23, 2007 12:07 PM, Blogger K said...

Good luck today. I'm thinking about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home