Thursday, February 01, 2007

All the time in the world, yet none of it available

I'm awake for 22 of the 24 hours of the day, yet I have time to do nothing but care for this little person who was inside me just a week ago. And that's fine, because that's what being a mother is all about, but it sure leaves less time for blogs, especially since I'm the sole caregiver during the day.

Just a quick update:

*Baby B (Kathryn Alexandra, for those curious, though here I'll probably still just call her Baby B) is doing well. We went to the doctor yesterday, and she was a bit jaundiced, but nothing to be alarmed about yet. She had blood drawn again this morning, so I'm waiting on the doctor to call me back with that number to see what we do next. If it's down, we do nothing. She did gain 2 oz. since yesterday, so he's happy about that and suspects the jaundice is already getting better.

*I'm doing well overall, but I'm exhausted. I've already had a couple of 24-hour stretches of being awake, but I know that will get better with time. Hey, at least things are really freaking funny when you haven't had much sleep! I think I laugh more than ever now.

*We love our little Baby B so much! She's just the most precious thing, and she gets prettier and prettier every day! There are frustrating times when I don't know what she wants when she's crying, but that's more than overshadowed by all the fun times when she coos or squeaks, opens her eyes real wide, or just snuggles into my chest as I hold her.

There's so much more I could write about, but I just don't have the time at the moment. We are all doing well, though, so I didn't want to leave you hanging. I'll post when I can, even if it's not as often as I want.

***UPDATE*** Baby B's blood work came back with increased bilirubin levels (17 compared to 16.4 yesterday), so I have to take her for another draw tomorrow. The doctor still isn't concerned and doesn't think she'll need light therapy (they usually do that if it's above 20). We'll see how things look tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At February 01, 2007 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and your new little family! Kathryn sounds like such a joy! Congrats again!

Will we see a pic of your new little one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home