Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No progress

I went this afternoon for my 38-week appointment, and things look no different than they were last week. Still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I still have not dropped, either (and I'm starting to wonder if she's pushing higher instead of lower each day!).

The doctor brought up the subject of when he would induce me and under what circumstances. I'm pretty anti-induction, and I was glad to hear he feels the same way in general. He said he believes that inductions tend to lead to a greater chance of a c-section, and he wants to avoid that if possible. (Me, too, Doc!) So, he said he'll let me go about half a week past my due date and then will start doing tests on the baby to make sure she's still doing okay. I'll have tests run twice a week, and after about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks past my due date, he'll talk about induction again--unless of course either the baby or I are at risk health-wise before that point, then it'll become more of a necessity. Hopefully it won't come to an induction, but it's nice to have a timeline in place in case I do go late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home