Monday, January 29, 2007

We're home!

Just wanted to let you all know that we made it home this afternoon and we're getting settled in. My goal is to have a birth story written sometime this week, so hopefully look for that soon. I'm on my own for child care this week, though, since The Husband returns to work tomorrow (he didn't have vacation time because of the new job, but he should get to take some time off in February and/or March), so it may take a few days to write.

I'll say that overall things went really well. I wouldn't call it easy, but I had a good delivery. I got the epidural (the IV was worse than that!), I pushed for 30 minutes, and I ended up with no episiotomy, just one first-degree tear, and NO STITCHES. Hooray! I'll fill in the gaps later this week. :) In the meantime, I'm sure I'll do brief updates, so I'll still be around.

6 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home mama! Glad your delivery went well! Be sure to relax and use Hubby as much as you can!

 
At January 30, 2007 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, for the first baby I think things went really well. You are going to be such a great mom! She is a doll! Good luck and get some rest!

Love ya,
Beth

 
At January 30, 2007 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home mommy!!!

 
At January 30, 2007 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!

 
At January 30, 2007 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! Congratulations to you and your wonderful baby daughter!
Enjoy this time with her!
nanci

 
At January 31, 2007 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear everyone made it home safely. Enjoy your time together. Nikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home