Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Grumpy guts

I'm tired and grumpy and really don't feel like making a post today. Though, I have to say that I'm proud of myself. Proofreader #1 was complaining today about working with Proofreader #3 when she filled in for me this past Sunday, and she made the comment of, "That's why I think I'm going to move to your desk when you're gone." Immediately I spoke up, interrupting her, and told her that I wasn't comfortable with her doing that. She kind of whined about it for a bit, but I stood my ground and didn't give in. She left the conversation pretty unhappy, and I definitely came across as looking like a bitch, but I honestly don't care, and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in this matter.

I've been feeling a lot of kicks up near my ribs (especially when I lean forward, which I have to do for work most of the time) during the past two days, so maybe she really has turned. Let's hope it's for good.

2 Comments:

At December 14, 2006 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Don't let her walk all over you, it's YOUR desk. The grumpy days suck, hopefully this one passes soon.
~Beth

 
At December 14, 2006 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The third trimester woes are upon you. I was a first-class bitch my last trimester b/c I was uncomfortable and tired. But pretty soon you'll get to meet your baby, so it'll all be worth it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home