Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What's up, doc at 31 weeks

I think we've chosen the pediatrician practice that we're going to use. I know a lot of parents prefer to have a prenatal visit with the pediatrician, but I don't feel that's necessary, especially since I think we're going with an office that has five or six doctors on staff (which is a feature I like). I requested some informational packets from this office, and after reading them have learned that I agree with their general philosophies and policies, plus I've gotten a recommendation for this office from a co-worker (and his three kids are sick a LOT, so he certainly knows this office well! LOL), so I feel pretty confident about this decision. And, if it turns out we don't like them, it's not like we're locked into using them for the next 18 years.

In other news/notes:

*We bought the swing last week and The Husband assembled it this weekend. I hope it turns out to be the miracle soother that everyone makes it out to be.

*Our first hospital class, Comfort Measures for Childbirth, will be held tonight. I'm a little nervous, but more about finding the actual classroom as opposed to the class itself.

*We're going to go lighter on Christmas presents for each other this year (we often go way overboard...my big presents for the past four years have been: a golden retriever puppy [2005], an engagement ring ['04], a digital camera ['03], and a new computer ['02] on top of a lot of smaller presents each of those years). So, I think we're going to set a more reasonable limit on gifts this year, then buy one of our bigger baby items as a gift to each other.

*I don't have a linea negra yet.

*I'm starting to have trouble bending over in general and reaching/tying my shoes in particular. Most of the time I wear slip-on shoes to work, but I wear tennis shoes to walk the dog, so that's become a little more difficult. My solution of tying my shoes first before putting them on (which I do most of the time anyway) has worked so far.

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
22w (-0.4 pounds, +3.6 pounds total)
23w (+3.4 pounds, +7.0 pounds total)
24w (+0.8 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
25w (+0.0 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
26w (+4.2 pounds, +12.0 pounds total)
27w (-1.0 pounds, +11.0 pounds total)
28w (+3.6 pounds, +14.6 pounds total)
29w (-0.6 pounds, +14 pounds total)
30w (+1.8 pounds, +15.8 pounds total)
31w (+2.0 pounds, +17.8 pounds total)

1 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have only gained gained a little under 18 pounds! That is so aweseome you are doing so well!
~beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home