Monday, November 27, 2006

Iron woman

I had my 30-week appointment this morning, the first of my bi-weekly appointments, and everything went fine. It was mostly just the usual: urine test, weight (ug, no fair being weighed on the Monday after Thanksgiving!), blood pressure, and doppler check. The doctor measured me at 29 to 30 centimeters, right where I should be. He went over my glucose and iron results in person, saying both were within good, normal ranges. He did recommend that I start taking an iron supplement in addition to my prenatal vitamin because he said it's a good idea at this stage of pregnancy, so I picked that up while I was out running my errands today. Back for more of the same in two weeks.

On a related note, I consider myself very fortunate that one of my regular days off work is Monday, so I don't have to take time off for these appointments, which obviously become more numerous toward the end. Even getting the very first appointment of the day (which I always try to do) would force me to be away for at least two hours, possibly more. Not good considering I have the type of job where I have the same amount of work to do each week whether I'm there more time or less time. Being there less time just forces me to be more stressed and feel more pressure to get the workload done within the deadline.

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're getting so close! How exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home