Monday, November 20, 2006

How I'll hate going out in the storm

We got our first snow that stuck to the ground overnight, and while it wasn't much (you could still see the grass easily), it was a definite reminder that winter is well on its way--and along with it, a winter baby.

I live in Kentucky, where we don't get a ton of snow each year--maybe a handful of times where it will cover the grass completely and then plenty of times where there's not as much accumulation but it still makes the roads hazardous. Every once in a while, maybe every 8-10 years, we'll get a BIG snow--the kind where you could easily lose a big dog because it's so deep. Not counting recent ice storms we've had (which are another headache), our last big, big snowstorm was in 1998, when I was in college. It was bad enough that the university canceled classes, which hadn't happened in an insane amount of years, for a couple days. I remember I had a Saturn at the time, and a snow drift had completely engulfed my car.

I've said all along that, with a February baby on the way, I just know we're going to be hit with our long overdue snowstorm at just about that time. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but just you wait and see. Isn't that how these things go sometimes? :)

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count your blessings. I'd take your snow situation any day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home