Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Denied

Well, I found out today that my request for getting an extra two weeks paid (as was the case under the old maternity policy) was denied. They'll give me the six weeks paid under the new general disability policy and the rest I have to cover with accrued vacation and sick time, which I've been saving for a long time now (but it'll pretty much completely wipe me out of that time). I didn't honestly expect them to revert back to the old policy for me, but it's still a little disappointing nonetheless--especially knowing that I would have been covered by the more generous policy if my first pregnancy had worked out. I shouldn't complain, though, because I know a lot of people don't even get six weeks paid, so I do feel fortunate that I'll have that much.

2 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Bummer. It was worth asking about.

At least you have your 6 weeks paid... that is a good thing!

 
At November 08, 2006 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks - but you're right, six weeks paid is great. Will you follow that up with some unpaid time?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home