Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hunka, hunka burnin' throat

Looks like I've gotten to the point to where acid reflux/heartburn is starting to hit. I was hoping to avoid it altogether, but no such luck. Thankfully it's been very mild so far, so I don't really have reason to complain about it, but this isn't something I've ever had to deal with before, so it's quite a new symptom to me.

I haven't yet noticed a specific pattern to it (it's not just a couple hours aftera meal, for example), but sometimes my throat will just start burning right above my collarbone. The burning will last for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes at a time, then will go away and return almost immediately (sort of like bursts of burning). I had this same thing happen a little toward the end of my morning sickness, but I attributed it to all the vomiting I'd done and didn't think much of it. Once the vomiting stopped, so had the burning. But sometimes now this burning happens and it makes me a little nauseated (not nearly as bad as before), though I haven't thrown up from it. I have no pain or burning in my chest or abdomen, so at first I wasn't sure if it was acid reflux/heartburn, but after asking around and doing some research, it sounds like it is. So far Tums has helped, and hopefully it won't go beyond that.

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck - I had that in my first pregnancy and it stunk. Hope it eases up soon and that the Tums continue to do the trick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home