Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random news and notes at 28 weeks

Nothing much of note today, really, since yesterday's update was pretty substantial. So, just some random thoughts and observations today:

*I'm still annoyed at not really being able to find clothes that fit. More and more XL shirts are becoming too tight, but then what little stuff there is beyond XL absolutely swallows me.

*It makes me sad to see people at the OB who look like they would rather play poker in traffic than be expecting a child. I thought one woman's face was going to break yesterday because her frown was so pronounced. (Not that I expect everyone beaming from ear to ear, and I don't know what other things this woman was going through in her life, but I just didn't get a good vibe from her in particular.)

*The sound of a metal spoon hitting the sides of a ceramic mug is driving me crazy as I type this. How much stirring does this co-worker really need to do? It's been going on forever. I'm waiting for the moment when I lose it over something like this.

*I've had to start using baby powder under my boobs regularly because they get so hot and icky. The problem, however, is that I hate the smell of baby powder and haven't been able to find any that's unscented. But, the boob problem is worse than the smell of the powder to me, so I continue to use it.

*The Husband starts his new job today. He was nervous leaving this morning, but I know things will go just fine. It helps that he's very outgoing (unlike me!) and will make friends in no time.

*I think I'm finally starting to comprehend the difference between kicks and other movements.

*Holy crap, I'm 28 weeks pregnant. Seven months. Just 12 weeks (in theory) to go.

*There goes that freaking spoon again. *clang, clang, clang*

Weight loss/gain:
3w5d starting weight
5w (-1.2 pounds)
6w (-3 pounds, -4.2 pounds total)
7w (-2.4 pounds, -6.6 pounds total)
8w (-1 pound, -7.6 pounds total)
9w (-2 pounds, -9.6 pounds total)
10w (-2.6 pounds, -12.2 pounds total)
11w (+1 pound, -11.2 pounds total)
12w (+3.6 pounds, -7.6 pounds total)
13w (+1.0 pound, -6.6 pounds total)
14w (+1.2 pounds, -5.4 pounds total)
15w (+3.4 pounds, -2 pounds total)
16w (+2.0 pounds, no change total)
17w (+2.0 pounds, +2.0 pounds total)
18w1d (+2.0 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
19w (-1.0 pound, +3.0 pounds total)
20w (-0.4 pounds, +2.6 pounds total)
21w (+1.4 pounds, +4.0 pounds total)
22w (-0.4 pounds, +3.6 pounds total)
23w (+3.4 pounds, +7.0 pounds total)
24w (+0.8 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
25w (+0.0 pounds, +7.8 pounds total)
26w (+4.2 pounds, +12.0 pounds total)
27w (-1.0 pounds, +11.0 pounds total)
28w (+3.6 pounds, +14.6 pounds total)

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try rubbing antiperspirant/deodorant under your boobs when you dry them off. That might cut down on the icky stickiness. I not well endowed enough to ever have to do that but I've heard it works! :) Also try a cornstarch based baby powder they tend to smell less baby powder-ish. Or just try straight corn starch. I happen to be a fan of baby powder, I love Love's Baby Soft perfume and Cabbage Patch Dolls. My daughter has 6 CPD and I randomly go in and smell their heads. Thanks goodness you are not 7-8 or 9 months pregnant in the middle of the summer, imagine the ickiness then!
Glad to know you are still chugging along!
~Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home