Friday, November 17, 2006

Belly talk

In the last few days, I've really started to note the onset of Braxton Hicks contractions, with my lower abdomen tightening up noticeably from time to time. It's not with any alarming frequency (maybe a few times a day), but just something that I wanted to make note of, since this is essentially my pregnancy milestone journal. (I'm not keeping anything handwritten...this is it.)

Anyone here ever used the BabyPlus system? According to the company's website, it "is a series of 16 scientifically designed rhythmic sounds that resemble a mother's heartbeat. The rhythm of the sounds increases incrementally and sequentially as the pregnancy progresses. The BabyPlus sound pattern introduces your child to a sequential learning process, built upon the natural rhythms of their own environment."

Supposedly, babies develop better sleeping patterns, more readily nurse, have increased ability to self soothe, are more interactive and responsive, and are more relaxed and alert at birth. I've looked at reviews at other sites, and everyone seems to rave about it.

This isn't something I would have seeked out myself (or even known about, to be honest), but my sister-in-law let me borrow hers, and I received it yesterday. You're supposed to use it twice a day for an hour each time, though I just don't have an extra hour in the mornings, so once a day will have to suffice. My sister-in-law's baby was a dream baby as far as sleeping well, not crying a lot, etc., so hopefully this system had something to do with it. I tried it out last night, but I don't really have enough of an opinion yet to decide how I feel about it. I'll continue to try it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home